Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 12:00:58 -0700
From: Ken Norris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: use-revolution Digest, Vol 8, Issue 10
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

OOPS!

Sorry, I got in a hurry and failed to replace the subject line. Here it is again:

Hi Rob and Judy,

Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 08:04:51 -0700
From: Rob Cozens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Stupid Programming Question

Judy,

I presume you have the image name building issue solved now; but as
an afterthought I offer a solution that does not rely on
concatenation, handles 0 to n images, and allows for more meaningful
image names:

Place a list of image names in a field, property, or variable, in the
order in which they are to appear.

repeat for each line imageName in [field/property/variable]
   show image imageName
   wait 5 ticks
end repeat
===========
I use separate files for the images. Somewhere in the startup it looks
in the images folder, builds a list with filepaths, and configures an
index scrolling list field.

It basically uses only one card which contains the UI (which has the
index field for manual access , the slide show picker and timer
controls, manual navigation controls, print controls, file editing,
etc.), and a single image holder control.

What's cool is that you are free to edit the image file folder (add,
delete, etc.) at will. When you do so from within the program, be sure
it automatically reconfigures the list and list field (using the same
routine at startup).

HTH,
Ken N.