On Saturday, May 22, 2004, at 01:04 PM, Jan Schenkel wrote:

Hi Mark,

My best guess is that the assert() function checks if
there's an error in the result and may just throw an
exception if that's the case.
But I do wonder where you read it, as it's not in the
VXCMD Reference ?

Jan Schenkel.

What a dim-watt bulb! ... that's stupid in geekster.

I must have created hundreds of functions in the last few months. I'm phasing back into the O-zone again....

Here it is from the card scripts:

function assert theLabel,theText,condition
  if (offset("ERROR",theText) = 1) then
    answer theLabel&":"&theText
    exit to Hypercard
  else
    if (condition is not empty) then
      put replace(condition,"[[result]]","theText") into condition
      if (value(condition) = "TRUE") then return theText
      else
        answer theLabel&":"&theText&return&"Failed Assert"
        exit to Hypercard
      end if
    else
      return theText
    end if
  end if
end assert

Time to put my toys back in their box and take a nap... :-)

Thanks,

Mark