Hello Trevor,

Le 5 juin 04, à 00:39, Trevor DeVore a écrit :

On Jun 4, 2004, at 3:47 PM, Pierre Sahores wrote:
Le 4 juin 04, à 16:19, Trevor DeVore a écrit :

Scenario:
An application which consists of the following parts -
1) Revolution executable
2) Revolution stack for storing global user information (read/write)
3) Valentina Database (read/write)
4) Revolution stack for storing user preferences (read/write)

Hello Trevor,

In my idea, the most secure way to get your project up would be to set up this all as a work for Apache + a TCP sockets driven application server (coded in Rev, Python or Java) connected to an ACID compliant database server (PostgreSQL, FireBird, Sybase, Oracle,...) where the Rev's client-side apps would have to act as browsers of the server-side stuff. Any other way will need lots more coding for less usable results (availaibility, concurrents accesses, TCO).

Pierre,

This particular application is an interactive training title that will be distributed on CD-ROM for the moment but will eventually be embedded on medical hardware. The revolution stacks I'm using for data storage allow people using the program to set up multiple users and track the number of lessons they have completed.

It isn't multi-user in the sense that multiple people will access the program at once but in the fact different users of the same PC could access the program.

OK, and sorry ! I was mistaking in about the way your app has to work ;)

Best Rgards, Pierre

Example -
The administrator will install the application on a Windows XP machine in the C:/Program Files directory. Bob logs in (Bob doesn't have administrator rights so he can't write to the C:/Program Files directory) and uses the program. In order for Bob to save his progress in the lessons on the computer the revolution stack that stores this information needs to be in a area where everyone can read/write files.
--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia