On Jun 21, 2004, at 9:41 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: Troy Rollins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Crazy imageData
To: How to use Revolution <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Anything else? This is driving me nuts, as it will appear to be
resolved... work for a LONG time (many data transactions), and then
suddenly start failing. But basically, it either will work in a run of
the program, or not. Once it doesn't, it never seems to work again,
until I change something about the code. Then, it works for a while,
and then... well, you get the... picture.
--

You might consider not using imageData -- you could import/export using temp files instead -- I do it that way, and it's pretty fast, and much less error prone.

But best of all you won't be munging with imageData. Fooling around with imageData is a bit like playing with fire -- I'm a bit surprised that they support imageData at all, it's really the one place in RR that you can touch 1's and 0's directly. I would guess that the imageData is a binary data structure (probably a QuickDraw CGrafPort on the Mac), and I can definitely see how it could get screwed up (imagine the height and width not matching the grafPort data), and that after it's been screwed up (however that happens), it stays screwed up. Actually I'm surprised you haven't seen any crashes.

-- Frank