At 21:01 28/06/2004, you wrote:
At 9:52 AM +0100 6/28/2004, Bob Hartley wrote:
So I want to create a .exe file that has a toolbar with a "T" box. This inserts text boxes into a blank background that can be resized and another that inserts a button (with a drop down list of predefined commands) and another that will insert a label.

Yes, you can do this from your .exe.

Hi Jeanne

Thanks for that. I now know that I can proceed with this in revolution.

The caveat is that the lab book itself will need to be saved in a separate data file, rather than compiled into the .exe (because executable apps can't save changes to themselves).

I know I am being a bit thick here but I hope I have this correct. Would I create an exe that had a blank canvas (see top image in http://www.gla.ac.uk/~rh82p/ide.jpg) with buttons to create fields.

This could not alter the "IDE.exe" but could save the added fields like a template file. Then the user could enter data into the template file and save the data as a text fiel or xml etc etc etc. Am I correct?

Thanks for the help, not used runrev for a long time.,

Bob

--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.jaedworks.com