On 7/3/04 10:01 PM, Alejandro Tejada wrote:

Hi developers,

I've almost finished a handler to export
vector graphics from RR/MC to Adobe Ilustrator
version 7 file format, but i need a table
of equivalences between rgb and the color names,
for example: AliceBlue = 239,247,255.

How could i convert the color names to their
equivalent rgb triplet?

Wilhelm Sanke posted the following a long time ago. I hope he doesn't mind my re-posting it here, or the fact that I have changed his original command handler to a function:

function colorToRGB which
  set the backcolor of fld "hiddenfield" to which
  get the effective backPixel of fld "hiddenfield"
  set the backPixel of field "Hiddenfield" to it
  return the  backcolor of fld "Hiddenfield"
end colorToRGB

You can use a hidden field if you don't want the conversion to show. If you are just doing this once during development, then you can use any object, hidden or not. Go through the colorNames() and apply the function to each one.

I thought this was a very clever script; setting the backpixel forces the color name to its equivalent RGB value.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]