Chipp Walters wrote:

Hi Andre,

Great to meet you in Monterey. Good stuff, your HTTP server completed in Rev!

Now, if I remember correctly, didn't Richard promise something on your return? ;-)

Hey, it seemed a safe bet he'd be stuck in Chicago for a while answering questions posed to him in Spanich, giving me at least several more days. :)

Three reasons for the delay:

1. I'm looking into dual-licensing for devolution.  The more I
   think about it the more I like the idea, making free stuff
   for free use and commercial stuff for commercial use, all
   in one package.  Much better than either fully GPL or fully
   commercial.

   If MySQL's success is intriguing, check out these two links:

<http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:eaZfcKt0P4AJ:opensource.mit.edu/papers/valimaki.pdf+importance+of+dual+licensing&hl=en&ie=UTF-8>
<http://www.onlamp.com/pub/wlg/4715>

2. During the train ride home I got an idea for something really cool
   to add to devolution, and by the time I got home it's 80% done.

3. I discovered that the Rev IDE is not passing the mouseDoubleUp
   message, which hampers the utility of devolution's Object
   Browser.  I've reported it, and will document the bug in
   devolution's Help file.

So now I'm putting together at least enough documentation to get folks started. More soon....

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation