this works for me:

on mouseUp
  answer file ""
  if the result = "" then
    set the data of me to URL ("binfile:" & it)
    put the Data of me into image 1
  end if
end mouseUp

On Jul 21 2004, at 15:25, Frank D. Engel, Jr. wrote:

So then something like this attached to a button should work? It doesn't seem to. I select a JPEG image file (I tried several different ones).

on mouseUp
  answer file "Select an image file:" as sheet
  put it into x
  if there is a file x then
    open file x
    read from file x until EOF
    put it into y
    close file x
    set the text of image "Logo" to y
  end if
end mouseUp

If I set the filename of image "Logo" to x, then the image appears, but I need to be able to take the data from a database field (and to take image data from a file and store it in the field), so I need functionality similar to the above.

What am I missing here?