Dar's solution of opening a UDP socket to a public address should always get the IP address of an interface which can reach the internet.

Thanks for the tip, Dar and all my apologies to All. It seems i didn't read the begining of this thread before speaking in the box... The "Rendez-Vous/ZeroConf" features are probably usables there, too. At least under MacOS X and Linux (i don't know about Windows), it's a way to use them to catch the diffrent IP address the computer is binded to.