On Wednesday, July 28, 2004, at 08:05 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Does anyone have an idea how these 4 channels are being squished into 2? It
seems that the culprit is either Quicktime or Revolution. Any ideas how I might
get around it? Each channel needs to remain separate for post-editing
manipulation.

Hi,

I would use your multi-channel editor to record one player at a time and then edit the start points if needed in order to sink up the two individual double tracks. Aren't you glad it's not midi or tape. I once stretched 16 channels of midi virtual tracks to mach up with an analog session recorded in another location on an Ampex two inch machine. Imagine trying to stretch 1.5 seconds additionally into an already existing 3.5 minute performance without missing a beat. At the time I was using a Mac Plus with 2meg RAM and Passport. Paspport did a perfect job through trial and error.

Mark