Hi Dar,

On Aug 5, 2004, at 10:51 AM, Klaus Major wrote:
QT does not necessarily have to be installed, although the REV menuitems may suggest this ;-)
There might be some limitations.

Sure there are :-D

From my reading of bug 1375, the file types for player audio without QT are limited and
playing audio with a player object is incidental and not supported.

------ Additional Comment #2 From Scott Raney 2004-07-05 19:51 -------
The player object is designed to play video, not audio.

AHA!

My apps would probably not have been working in the last 6 years, if i had known this :-D

Use the "play
audioClip" command to play sound files. QT has the nice feature of being able
to play WAV, but the default video player on Windows can only play MP3 files
(because they're actually MPEG video files with no video in them).

This is new to me!

But i hade big success playing WAV (which is noit necessarily = WAV ;-), AIF, AU
and MP3 as sounds and "AVI (even DivX) and MPG as video files on Windoze
without QT being installed (= NO QT ;-)

But i also cannot understand why some pcs do not install QT, but wanna have FULL
"multimedia" experience... OK, it is not MS...

Dar Scott

Regards

Klaus Major
[EMAIL PROTECTED]