On Friday, August 27, 2004, at 01:07 AM, Robert Brenstein wrote:

Being able to accept uploads (through ftp or http) would be the most welcome feature for me.

robert

I know little or next to nothing about this topic. I know how to use Fetch. OK, so I'm a dumbBo, big deal. I'm also in need of trying to send a randomly named 1kb text file to an anonymous FTP upload folder from a commercially sold standalone app. I want to use this same anonymous FTP upload folder to have a product fulfillment app running from my place of business batch process these files, remove them from the upload folder, and send out reciprocal unlock keys for feature upgrades.

My biggest problem was finding a server that still uses or makes available these anonymous FTP upload folders. Turns out you can host your own remote servers at ServerBeach.com with 2000 gig transfer rate per month. So now I'm off to learn all about that. This was my answer to having my commercial apps e-mail me with the user's own e-mail client.

I believe that Rev already has native functions to handle these anonymous folder FTP uploads. This was the only way I could figure out how to get a text file from anywhere in the world to a single location that I could use another app to make use of through automation. I imagine that there is a CGI method using the post function but I would need that FTP folder for other needs anyway so I just decided to use that FTP approach.

Mark