Dan Shafer wrote:

You know, as I reflect on all this, I think the bottom line is simple. Education is a very specialized market with very specialized needs, demands, and expectations. Companies that focus their marketing energies there might do well. Big companies who can focus budget there might do well. Small companies who are not focused exclusively or nearly so on education get eaten alive more often than they succeed.

Excellent point Dan.

When I was CEO at Human Code, we looked hard at breaking into the Education market. At the time, we did about $2M in quarterly sales and figured we could double it with the right entries into Education-- as we focussed primarily on Edutainment.

After a series of studies, it appeared the risk too great trying to 'break-in' quickly. Only a lengthy and determined marketing effort using a 'swing for the fences' strategy was feasible, ultimately dissuading us at that time. At a later date and with greater funding and a less agressive approach, we did step lightly into the Education market with mixed results.

Suffice to say, I doubt RR has the resources for such a strategy, as the marketing and networking costs are even higher today than they were back then.

best,

Chipp