On 7 Sep 2004, at 03:33, rand valentine wrote:

Hi, everyone. I'm having a vexing problem with ftp-downloading a series of
files in a repeat loop. I need to download three files. The loop is very
simple, something akin to:

repeat with counter = 1 to 3
  put decompress(url ftpPath/file&counter&".gz") into temp
  put temp into fld counter
end repeat

The ftp commands are straightforward, but what happens is that the first
file gets put in the third field, and the other fields aren't updated. So it
seems like the put command _isn't_ blocking. What can I do to fix this? I'm
still using rev 2.2. Thanks.

Using "put" in a repeat loop like this works here. Are you sure something else isn't causing the problem?

In all url requests, it's best to check "the result" after each request. For example, a problem with the first two url requets would produce no data in the first two fields (but it wouldn't account for the first URL going in the 3rd field).

repeat with counter = 1 to 3
  put url (whatever & counter & ".gz") into temp
  if the result is empty then
    put decompress(temp) into fld counter
  else
     put the result into fld counter ##or whatever
  end if
end repeat

Cheers
Dave