On 10/11/04 9:24 AM, Chris Sheffield wrote:

So does specialFolderPath use "cmd.exe" and/or "command.com"?  If so, why
isn't this documented?  Our user was not happy at all that they had to allow
access to these executables because they could potentially be used to format
one's hard drive or perform other damaging tasks.  And I suspect we'll have
others with the same problem.

I don't have a definitive answer, but I was under the impression that specialFolderPath is part of the syntax in the engine and uses OS-native calls; it doesn't need to use shell. I don't think that particular function is the problem.

However, a good many of the "rev" commands do use shell, since they are really just part of a scripted library. I believe, for example, that revCopyFolder and some of the other "rev" file management commands use shell. Those are the ones I'd look at. You can rescript some of those to manage files using engine-native syntax; shell commands are just a faster way to do it. For example, to copy a folder, you could get the file list from the folder and parse through it one file at a time, getting the binary content of the file, writing it to a new file at a new location, and then deleting the original. It is slower but it doesn't require shell commands. Other "rev" library commands can be handled similarly in some cases. There are probably a few that need shell, but hopefully you won't need to use any of those.

I guess my point here is that you should look at the "rev"-prefixed commands and functions you are using as the most likely culprits.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]