On Oct 11, 2004, at 11:31 AM, Gordon Tillman wrote:

accept connections on port 1234 with message "ConnectionRequest"

If at some time in the future the application wants to stop accepting connections, how might that be accomplished?

close socket "1234"

Note: If you have both a UDP listener and a TCP listener, you don't know which this will close. (Well, I don't know; it might be based on order of accepts.) Use this if you have only one or will close both together anyway.

If you want to accept just one connection at a time, close the accept when you get a connection and re-accept when that is over.

(I've been taking a break from lists for a half season and hope to moderately get back into Revolution lists this month.)

Dar