On 10/22/04 4:13 PM, Chris Sheffield wrote:

Has anyone else had problems with popup menus under OS 9?  I’m having weird
and sporadic results.  I’m thinking they’re memory related, but I’m not
totally sure.  Sometimes my app will crash with error type 2, sometimes just
the app will freeze up, and sometimes the whole computer will lock up.  I’m
not sure if the problem lies in my code in the menuPick handler of the popup
button or what.  The menu is dynamically created with items read from a text
file at run-time.  The menu displays just fine, but the problem occurs
immediately after selecting a menu item and the menu disappears.

This sounds exactly like a problem I'm trying to solve on our OS 9.2.2 Mac, only its the Finder that freezes. Same exact behavior -- a freeze immediately after a menu item is chosen. I've identified it as an extension conflict, only I don't know which extension yet.

Do you get the behavior only in your app? Or does it happen in other apps too? Does it happen if you reboot with extensions off?

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]