At 23:00 01/12/2004 +0000, Graham Samuel wrote:

This is why Alex's idea would work best for me if I could make it work:

The trouble is, my version of this code displays the right folder and
within it the usual scrolling file list (this is OSX) but it doesn't
preselect the file. Strange, since it worked for Alex, but I have quite
carefully tested that my equivalent of his 'theDefault' is the complete
path to the last file read (I've not yet reached the refinement of
picking the actual next file).

Sorry - I should have said that I was on Windows ..... it's probably a Windows-only variant to allow this.

I guess I may have to go back to one of the private-list based
solutions.

Yeah, I you might need to do that ... -- Alex.