On 05/12/2004 21:49:26, [EMAIL PROTECTED], How to use Revolution ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> I would take a different approach than the one Klaus recommends. I would
> separate my data completely from the presentation and business logic of
> the application (the way you currently are thinking).
>
> If the data was basically text based (no images, movies, sounds) then I
> may consider storing it in either a text or XML file (or customTagged
> file format I build myself). Of course, if there was a LOT of data, I
> might consider using SQLlite or another DBase.

Hi Chip.

OK I think I should concentrate on the xml format since that is what I require to read and write to in the finished app.

I looked for that but only got blank pages when I wnet to his site www.onenlog.com (or something liek that)

> Then, I would keep all business logic and the presentation (GUI) stuff
> in a standalone which cannot be written to. I would move data in and out
> of the standalone stack.

OK I think this might be the route although Klaus's method may be better for app2

Why I need xml is this http://www.armbase.com/software_files/software_data/prodinfo_r4_c1.gif

regards
Bob