You can read files in Classic, but as the file paths are different, you need to use the revMacFromUnixPath function to translate your file paths. I haven't got the scripts handy at the moment, but I worked all this out a while ago. I'll look them up this evening and post an example tomorrow, but it CAN be done, although I too used to think otherwise.

Sarah