On Dec 10, 2004, at 12:17 PM, Troy Rollins wrote:
Or in Lingo -

myVar = [#check: [#this: [#out: "Cool"]]]

put myVar.check.this.out
-- "Cool"

put myVar[1][1][1]
-- "Cool"

People will debate the usefulness of such constructs, but I have yet to see anything in Transcript which is nearly so elegant for complex iterative evaluations. I strongly believe that Transcript needs this type of data structuring... but then of course, I don't let go easily to what I've learned and switch to what some Rev users would consider more "native" data management techniques which *are* available, though *much* more "wordy" to get there, and certainly do not iterate as elegantly.

I too think Transcript could use some work in this area. I really like dealing with arrays in PHP. It is very easy to create nested arrays and to iterate over them since you can get the number of children of an array element. There are a whole bunch of fun functions for manipulating them as well. Though many things I would use arrays for in PHP can be accomplished using lines and items in Transcript I find myself needing a data type which supports nesting and iteration to more easily model certain types of data. I would really like to see an improvement in this area in the future.

-- Trevor DeVore Blue Mango Multimedia [EMAIL PROTECTED]