Alright... I've successfully installed PostGreSQL on my mac... in the terminal it's up and running, I've created a database and just now did

select * from taskroster

and got my two test rows returned... but..

in the Mac's activity monitor... i don't see a process named "Postgres"
just the tcsh shell I have open to talk to Postgres...

And also, in rev, this fails:

put revOpenDatabase("Postgresql","localhost","katir_test","postgres","myPass Word")

could not connect to server: Connection refused
        Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

my computer name on the lan is "katir.hindu.org"  but

put revOpenDatabase("Postgresql","katir.hindu.org","katir_test","postgres"," myPassWord")

does not work either..

I'm sure this must be simple...

TIA

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami