Hi Rick,
You wrote:
Hi there,

I was wondering if there is a way in Rev to paint a text label
onto a jpeg image file and then save it as part of the jpeg file
when I export it.

(I also noticed the lack of a text tool for doing that in the
paint tools.)

Anyone?

Is the text dynamic? or can you build it as an image outside of RR?

I have modified images that I use for button icons by merging two .png files
whose alpha masks don't overlap with the following transcript that is fast
enough for icon sized images:

on mergeImages im1,im2,imout
  put the imageData of image im1 into d1
  put the imageData of image im2 into d2
  put the alphaData of image im1 into a1
  put the alphaData of image im2 into a2
  put the height of image im2 into h
  put the width of image im2 into w
  put the length of d2 into n
  put 0 into i
  repeat for each char c in a1
    add 1 to i
    if i>n then exit repeat
    put charToNum(c) into x
    if x=0 then
      put char 4*i-3 to 4*i of d2 after d3
      put char i of a2 after a3
    else
      put char 4*i-3 to 4*i of d1 after d3
      put char i of a1 after a3
    end if
  end repeat
  if there is not an image imout then
    create image imout
  end if
  set the text of image imout to empty
  set the height of image imout to h
  set the width of image imout to w
  set the imageData of image imout to d3
  set the alphaData of image imout to a3
end mergeImages

HTH,
Glenn

Glenn E. Fisher University of Houston - Retired
22402 Diane Dr. Spring, Tx 77373
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.uh.edu/~fisher
http://home.houston.rr.com/thegefishers/
http://homepage.mac.com/gefisher