On Sun Jan 2, 2005, Nicolas Cueto nrkweto03 at hotmail.com

Ok, I added that button and built a distribution. However, relocating an
object using the pointer-tool is still as slow on the standalone as when on
the IDE.
(snip)
What continues to especially baffle me is not understanding why the object
post-movement delay doesn't also occur after I use the keyboard-arrows.

Oh well. Thanks.

Cheers,
Nicolas Cueto

Another cause for the delays you see could be the bug in the "revtable" frontscript (Bugzilla 2019) that - among other effects - causes Rev to loop over all controls of a card when one of the controls gets the focus. The "looping" is intended for table objects, but is nevertheless applied to any objects because of a scripting deficiency.

As far as I know the revtable frontscript is transferred to a standalone when it is built, which could explain why the delays you see happen also in a standalone.

On the other hand - when you use the arrow keys - it could be that "focusin" is not sent, so you do not get a delay.

Try removing the script of btn "revtable" of stack "revlibrary" from front.-

You might compare also my test stack "RevolutionTestStack" (80 KB) ( website <http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>, page "Tools and Samples for Development" under "Revolution Stacks") which contains about 3000 controls and shows various kinds of interesting and annoying delays in the Revolution IDE. This test stack is also attached to the Bugzilla report 2019 - which by the way is still left as "unconfirmed".

--Wilhelm Sanke
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>