Are there advantages of this approach compared to Dave C's suggestion of

on menuPick pNew, pOld
  hide group pOld
  show group pNew
end menuPick

Now that I realize that there is a second parameter provided, it seems like the better way - but are there any cases where the "pOld" wouldn't be what might be expected ?

I don't think it makes much difference, but the former may be a better example of "defensive programming" as it accounts for the possibility that some other script (or even the developer during editing) may leave a group visible that isn't the same as pOld.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation

Richard's approach is more generic and can be used when some tabs show more than a single grp (it is plausible to have some group 'shared' by a few tabs).

Furthermore, the pOld parameter is not always passed, although I think this happens only when changing cards (I never bothered to investigate the circumstances). This is why I mentioned using a custom property

on menuPick pNew
  if the showingTab of me is not empty then hide grp (the showingTab of me)
  show grp pNew -- or: go cd pNew
  set the showingTab of me to pNew
end menuPick

Preserving the visible grp name allows me also to sync the tab button correctly with the displayed grp when reopening the stack. This can be required when using multiple card approach.

Robert