On Jan 2, 2005, at 2:02 AM, André Rombauts wrote:

Is anyone using Run Rev Studio on XP platform and make access to Access
database with ODBC? Would like to discuss about issues related to DB
management both off and on-line.

For instance, apart from problems already mentionned here months ago (not
all revdatabase functions are applicable), I cannot make a correct ODBC
connect through DSN unless I'm using the machine/user dependant way, thus
preventing me from distributing an apllication...

How should I write this line?

put revOpenDatabase("ODBC","mydb","","Admin","zulu") into myDB

Should I place 'mydb' or use the full path to the DSN file (when using the
machine / user dependant way, the name is inside Win registers)? Should I
put login and psw for accessing (the one used withe machine / dependant way
are those from the Access file an dit is working).

I intend to distribute an application with a database that will be updated
by online access.

If you are not using Access on XP what is your DB solution?

André,

I have only dabbled with ODBC and Access so I can't answer your connection questions but if you are distributing an application to users you might want to look at a solution like Valentina <http://paradigmasoft.com/>. This doesn't require setting up any DSN connections on the computer, you just need an external. I've used it on numerous projects and have been very happy with it.