Hmmm. Just a wild guess, but 10.3.8 claims to fix some very long launch latencies in iCal, Mail. that were a problem in 10.3.7 etc. Could be connected?

On 10 Feb 2005, at 5:00 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:07:09 EST
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: OT:  Ping timeout much longer with 10.3.7
To: use-revolution@lists.runrev.com

Our testers have discovered that when Revolution does a shell("ping") to a
server that isn't responding, that the timeouts are much different, depending on
which version of Mac OS X one is on. In Mac OS 10.3.2, we get feedback in a
matter of seconds. In Mac OS 10.3.7, it takes over 2 minutes to get
feedback. This happens in the terminal window too, so it's not a Rev issue. I'm
not into unix enough to know what to look for on Apple's site for a technote on
this. "ping latency"? What's interesting is that the same problem exists
for traceroute, even though the docs say that traceroute's wait-period is to
default to 3 seconds. Any thoughts?