Andre: do you have a server side app for  this?

Sivakatirswami

On Jan 9, 2005, at 5:59 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:

Hi folks,

Since today I took that cast of, I took the day of to make one simple software and release it full of source to the community. As some might know, I am involved with Blog clients and make some shareware cash out of it. Today, I've re-implemented in Rev my old iBlog program, it was first done in RealBASIC years ago, it took me about a month. In Rev it took me some hours (of course, now I knew how to do the stuff). I used to sell this app for five bucks, the Rev version is free for your pleasure... since I plan to work more on this, I called the think "Blog Research Project - client 1.0" (for theres also the server, but not ready).

This software is a blog client for Blog systems that implement the Blogger API 1.0. Almost all blog systems implement this standard, from server tools like Movable Type, to blog portals like Blogger.com, all support this spec. This spec is XML-RPC based and enable a client to add, modify and remove posts from blogs, it also enable the user to sets it's templates and data.

For this simple client, i've implemented only the calls needed for posting. Anyone here interested in XML-RPC, XML or client/server software might like this app. Also those that like blogs will be able to post to their blogs from inside the Rev IDE. This also serve as an example to the Fourth World Article "beyond the browser" for anyone can compare the easiness of using this rich client to the awkward experience of using Blogger or Movable Type HTML interface.

To use this app you just browse to my space in revOnline (my user is soapdog). Also if funnier if you have your own account on a blog system but this is not needed for the stack comes packed with a "demo account" setup that uses Blogger.com and a username that I just created for it. Anyone wishing to see the result of using this stack to post to the demo user just point your browser to http://eatownhaggis.blogspot.com

Just try, launch the app, type something, press POST! then press "Open blog" and see the result!!!! you can also set your own account in blogger and start bloggin for yourself! Feel free to send me comments!

Cheers
andre

--
Andre Alves Garzia  2004