Thanks, gentlemen. The button I needed in this particular case is only needed before the movie actually starts. I created a button that asks for a password and covered the controls on the Player object with it. Works like a champ. But if someone knows of a better easy way to fix this, let me know.

Meanwhile, I'm mastering LiveStage Pro, at least far enough to get a text track that asks the user for a password before the movie can start.

dan