On Feb 20, 2005, at 3:01 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: Jonathan Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Typing foreign characters in RunRev
To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution@lists.runrev.com>

Hi Frank,

I just discovered something interesting while preparing to answer your
questions: If you set your keyboard to "U.S. Extended" (unicode), you
get very similar results to Apple Mail, except that, instead of the
umlaut being highlighted, it has a heavy underline. Otherwise, using
the "U.S.", "British" or "Australian" keyboards (via the Input tab of
"International" System Preferences), you can still type "ü" in a Rev
field (option-u, u); you just don't get any feedback until you type the
(second) "u".

Jonathan,

After a little further investigation, my problem is that I can't type foreign characters into my RunRev app's fields when I've got the US keyboard selected. If I select the British keyboard or the US Extended keyboard, then I can type ümlauts to my heart's content in my RunRev app. But not with the US keyboard.

With the US keyboard selected I can type foreign characters in all other apps, just not in RunRev. Anyone have any ideas why this might be? (RunRev 2.2, Mac OS X 10.3.7)

-- Frank

Web Photos Pro: Software for Photo Bloggers and Other Photo Power Users See us on the web at http://www.webphotospro.com/