Hi  Jaqueline, Andre and Klaus

Thanks to your hint to see Richards article,
I found such a large source of Revolutional knowledge,
That I use a lot of time to read through all that stuff.

I understood that back and front indicate the place in the hierarchy
and that messagepath is synonym for the hierarchy.
I understood that "start using" only works with a script from
the stack.

Your suggestion to use "set the script of fld "content" to the script of btn "wijzigen"
was the first statement I tried. I put it as last statment into a handler, but got
the errormessage that a script cannot be altered while running.
Then I tried "send foo", foo being a handler in de stackscript. Same errormessage,
because what I need is not to execute handler "foo", but to replace the script of a field.
Example.
1.
The listfield is an index. Clicking a line opens a card:
on mouseup;get selectedtext;go card it
2.
A button is pressed to get a new script into that field.
Now that field may delete a card.
Or a button is pressed to get a new script into that field.
Now that field may change the content of a card.
3.
Here comes the problem:
The main task of the listfield is being an index to go to a card.
So I need a statement on the end of each script to reset the script
of that listfield to "on mouseup;get selectedtext;go card it".
This is easily done in Toolbook, but I can't find it in Transscript.

Well, now I am going to study your advises.
Thanks Jaqueline, Andre and Kaus
Rob