On 2/28/05 12:57 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

J. Landman Gay wrote:

I know that it is very easy to have a RR program run a
Quicktime detection routine: however what I don't know how
to do, or whether it is possible, is then to have the RR
program auto-install QT if QT is not present on the
platform.

But be sure to check out Apple's licensing policies for QuickTime distribution. They are very explicit and have so many rules and restrictions that in many cases it is not practical. I have a client who had to give up the idea after contacting Apple's licensing department, as the requirements were not do-able for a small developer.

Your mileage may vary:

<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2004-May/037084.html>

It was the packaging requirements that threw us off. We couldn't comply. Maybe they've changed that.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]