Actually, if you only care about OS X, this will create a PDF for you:

function stsMakePDF pSrcPath,pDestPath
 switch (the platform)
 case "MacOS"
   if isOSX() then
     set the cursor to watch
     put "/System/Library/Printers/Libraries/convert" into tConvertApp
     get shell(tConvertApp && "-f" && q(pSrcPath) && "-o" && q(pDestPath)
&& "-j application/pdf")
     if it = "" then
       return "OK"
     else
       return "Error : " & it
     end if
   else
     return "Error : stsMakePDF only works on Mac OS X."
   end if
   break
 default
   return "Error : stsMakePDF only works on Mac OS X."
   break
 end switch
end stsMakePDF

function isOSX
 set the itemDel to "."
 return (item 1 of the systemVersion >=10)
end isOSX

function q what
 return quote & what & quote
end q

As usual Ken always coming up with the goods!

I'm coming in late on the thread. What's the source file here? HTML? If so I think Chipp uses a command line HTML to PDF converter on windows which could fit into this function nicely ;-)

Cheers

--

Monte Goulding
Sweat Technologies

InstallGadget - How to create an installer in 10 seconds
Download now from: http://www.sweattechnologies.com/InstallGadget