Hello Chris,

Hello folks -

Firstly, I'd better say "hello".

welcome to the show!

I've been subscribed to this list for quite a long time but never really posted to it, but that's about to change!
Over the last few months I've been getting into Rev after a lifetime with SC.

So have many of us :-)

So although I'm reasonably experienced at scripting with xTalk (though: experienced<>proficient!)
I am quite a newbie when it comes to Rev. So be gentle with me.

My first question: Is there an alternative way to copy a local file other than with RevCopyFile ?

Yes :-)

RevCopyFile seems to lock up my machine for about 30 seconds even when copying a very small file.

Ouch! If i remember right it uses Applescript on the mac... Anyway, i should not take that long!

Is there something I can do with URL/binfile commands?
I can copy a file from the internet ok (using libURLDownloadToFile), but can this approach be extended to local files?

I'd appreciate any words of wisdom!

If the files are not too big, read if they may fit into memory, you can:
put url("binfile:MyHD/Myfolder/slickimage.psd") into url("binfile:MyHD/anotherfolder/copy of slickimage.psd")

On OS X you could also use "shell" and "cp", don't have the correct syxntax at hand...

Chris

p.s. Is there a keyboard shortcut for calling up the card script ?

Good question, sorry no idea...

I can recommend my nice and free "2lz2" palette (get it from my website -> X-Talk)
there have it with just one click...

Regards

Klaus Major
[EMAIL PROTECTED]