I'm just starting a project using MySQL for the first time. Having looked at the Rev 2.5.1 documentation, I'm happy enough that I can access and update MySQL databases as required. However, what I can't see is how I can create and carry out basic administration of NEW databases.

Hi Peter,

Here is my script for creating a new database. It connects directly to the "myslq" database as root (or any user that has the right privileges) and sends the create database command to that. I have only done it on a local database, so you will need to change the value for dbAddr.

I don't know how to rename a database, but if you can find the SQL command to do it, then I would hope that this technique would work for that as well.

Cheers,
Sarah

on mouseUp put "root" into dbUser put "mysql" into dbName put "localhost" into dbAddr

  ask password clear "Enter root password:"
  if the result = "Cancel" then exit to top
  put it into dbPass

  put revOpenDatabase("MySQL",dbAddr,dbName,dbUser,dbPass) into dbresult
  if dbResult is not a number then
    answer error dbResult as sheet
    exit to top
  end if
  put dbResult into dbID

   ask "Enter the name of the new database:"
  if the result = "Cancel" then exit to top
  put it into newDB
  put "CREATE DATABASE " & newDB into dbSQL

  revExecuteSQL dbID, dbSQL
  put the result into sqlResult

  if sqlResult is a number then
    answer information "Database " & newDB & " created." as sheet
  else
    answer error sqlResult as sheet
  end if

  revCloseDatabase dbID