Op 23-mrt-05 om 12:46 heeft jbv het volgende geschreven:

Terry,

Thanks for the suggestion (replacing upper ASCII chars
with their &#xxx; form); I've already came to that conclusion.
The XML files I need to generate on-the-fly with Rev cgi
feature french content, and french language uses quite a few
of those upper ascii chars (éèêëàâäîœæôïöùüç)...
The only thing I'm worried about is : this might be OK when
opening the XML files in a browser, but what about other
software (spreadsheet, word processor...) ? Will they accept
é for é (for instance) ?

It probably is the only reliable way to use upper ASCII in XML in RunRev. So that reduces the options pretty much.

Concerning the other programs: they should treat it right. But you may just try it.

Terry