You gave me a real blast from the past with this one, Mikey. I was an early enthusiast of Omnis, back when it was Omnis-3. (Last I checked they were up to 7 and it looks like that's where things still are about a year later.)

It was a wonderful development tool as long as you didn't want to do anything its developers hadn't anticipated. But the walls were frequent and invisible right up to the point of contact.

The programming paradigm -- point-and-click to build commands and little or no typing (as in keyboard entry, not variable typing) -- was enticing but limiting.

I was the founder and original president of OmniMUG, the Omnis Macintosh User Group (at least I recall that's what the "M" was for; I think it hadn't yet gone cross-platform).

Memories.....