I have met with a problem, to which I find no explication in the rev documentation. Usually an unlocked text field, when selected, will have a blinking
insertion-point cursor. This functions in my mainstack. But a textfield in the substack does have active insertion-point (where keyboard text gets inserted), but it doesnt show the blinking marker, although the properties set for the field are identical to those in the main stack, where the function is intact. I dont even find a keyword in the documentation to identify the little "blinking marker" (often referred to as a "cursor".) How can I revive it ?
This usually occurs when a group has been created so that a portion of the group overlaps the edit field. Move the field to the front and the cursor should come back.

And are there- by the way - procedures to change it (Eg coloring it, or bolding it?)
No, not as far as I know. The actual moving cursor can be changed, but not the blinking insertion point in the field.

Cheers,
Sarah