Hi Richard,

A post by Thierry Douez (Rép : Seperate numbers from text Date: 6 avril 2005 10:18:44 GMT+02:00) might get you started:

Hi,

DR> Is there a way to seperate numbers from text in a string?
DR> e.g "string69" to return 69 or "string69also" to return 69

try this :

  put "asdfsdfsdf765xcxccxcv123cvccv" into s
  -- erase all numbers
  put replaceText( s, "\d+",  empty ) into r1

  -- erase all text
  put replaceText( s, "[^\d]+",  empty ) into r2

But I am afraid it's a real problem if you want to trigger all kinds of expressions :
$12
12 $
$12.65
12,65 $
etc.
If you have no decimal values, an approach by "word" may be helpful...

Best regards,