Len Morgan wrote:

This will not work if you are on Windows. I believe that a bugzilla report is already sitting at RunRev concerning double-clicking on .rev files. What happens is that the mouse cursor disappears whenever you go over the window that is opened. If you use the IDE to File->Open Stack, it will work fine.

BZ 2138

I have no idea if anyone is looking at this or not but I consider it a big deal since users are expecting to double-click on an icon to launch it.

I considered it a big deal too - but it's been over 7 months since I entered the bug report, and it is still in "Unconfirmed" state, so I guess the folks at RunRev disagree with us. Note I no longer consider it important - I just regard the Player as unusable, and bought a Studio license so I can build standalones.