Hi Judy,

Let me tell you very friendly that I do'nt agree your position.
Beginners are surely as clever as you and me put together ;-)
Only they don't already know... And have to learn.

I think that it 's always better for them to take the right way without waiting.
Here, using the menuPick message (1 line handler versus 12 lines: Rev is sometimes verbose, sometimes so simple...) is the right way.
Adding some good explanations about parameters would complete the job.

I'm thinking of such a tutorial: How to pass parameters (handlers) and arguments (functions) by reference or not...
If I get the time and if some of you tell me that they would be interested despite my bad english :-)

Best regards,