It's definitely a bus connection. Monterey has no active passenger rail service.

Dan

On Apr 15, 2005, at 9:02 AM, Jeffrey Reynolds wrote:

yep, there is usually a connecting amtrak bus from salinas to monterey. I have had folks tell me they booked a train reservation from oakland or san jose to monterey only to be directed to the bus in the parking lot instead of a train... its a nice train ride, but probably 3-4 hrs from oakland with train salinas then bus. bout 2 hrs by the bus. Im sure Amtrak will tell you if its just direct bus connection or train and bus.

jeff

Jeffrey Reynolds
6620 Michaels Dr
Bethesda, MD  20817