Alex Shaw wrote:
usually try not to get to caught up in these sort of things but i saw this quote from a ex-Macromedia worker (unconfirmed) on slashdot..

"Adobe will kill off Director within 3 years."

But Macromedia was likely to kill it off themselves in 3 or 4 years anyway. Think about it: With Flash getting ever more powerful by leaps and bounds eachc year, in three years' time there would have been too much overlap in features to warrant keeping both going as competing products.

Yep, we can expect lots of FUD in the coming months....

(Macrobe can shoot themselves in the foot for all I care, but if they harm Fireworks I'll make such a scene at the shareholders' meeting you folks may read about it in the papers <g>)

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation