Thanks, I did not know that the lineoffset would slow it down. In my case i only have between 3 to 18 items to work with so speed should not be affected. i will revisit my code and look at a counter method.

This started out because I have set a goal for myself to both optimize my code using my own functions for common tasks and to also comment the heck out of my code. Something I have grown slack in doing lately. The last two projects i did were successful and did turn into products but I was not completely satisfied with my work. The one project made use of a Flash front end that then ran my Rev app after an intro video done out of house. The other involved using a commercial software that Rev was the front end. It used Portfolio as an image library and used Rev as a sign in and guide to using the software.

This project is actually a prototype of software we are developing for use in smart phones and PDAs. We design it quickly for features and for viewing on a laptop with a data projector and then we send the project with a specifications sheet to our engineers who then have to match what we have done in a real phone. I have to be very careful that we don't put things in that can't be done in 'real' life on a phone. But that is what I'm good at so it's actually a lot of fun. I know that rev can handle this and once I get this first one finished I should then be able to add 'features' to it with ease. The Director programmer always seemed to leave out this ability. I wanted to change one icon and it took five days for him to get it back to us. I would have put the icons in a folder and allowed us to dump new ones in anytime we needed to.

Well, Thanks again

Tom