I think it is rehashing the libraries to help the linker process app launches more quickly...

Ah, yes:

http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/maintainingmacosx.html

Look under the header "Update prebinding"

On May 3, 2005, at 4:52 AM, Chris Carroll-Davis wrote:

*** embarrassed cough ***

Thanks Pierre!

Working fine now. I'd stupidly assumed that the upgrade would sort that sort of stuff out! OT question for techno gurus out there: when an installer says "Optimising Disk..." what is it actually doing? I'd assumed it was doing stuff like repairing permissions...

Thanks again,

Chris

p.s. OT again, Photoshop CS2 tryout looks pretty good...