Thanks Frank.

What concerns me is IF the hierarchy presented by the standalone builder is significant. After the build I get

[Top Folder]
  sql-based-app.exe
  libmySQL.dll
    [externals folder]
       revdb.dll
       [database drivers folder]
         dbmysql.dll

So these three externals were placed in this order for some reason, right? you can see that one (libmySQL.dll) is NOT in the externals folder. You are saying that I should set the external property of the stack as "/externals/" and throwing all dlls in that folder, rather than any order left by the builder?

I'm firing up my windows machine up now...(it's been a long while, I hope it works..) and I'll move some stuff around. But any guidance here would be a time saver...

thanks again