At 10:08 AM -0400 5/4/05, Frank D. Engel, Jr. wrote:
On May 4, 2005, at 6:08 AM, David Burgun wrote:
Sorry I understand how the desktop associations work, I really was just wondering *why* DreamCard and Revolution have the *same* creator signature ("Revo"). According to Apple, each Application should have a unique signature.

Well, technically they are two versions of the same program, and someone with only one or the other will want stacks created with the other one (the one they don't have) to be opened with what they do have, so it makes sense that they would both have the same code.

Actually, David is correct here: distinct applications ought to have distinct creator signatures. (This won't prevent both applications from opening the RSTK file type.) I filed a bug on this (2814); it should be easy for the team to fix.
--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.jaedworks.com