[I am resending this message, because it seems to have been lost in the mail]

Brian,

This brings up a good point that has been bugging me for years. It is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS that the Rev documentation built in to the IDE is so full of errors. How many repeat questions and confusion by folks trying to learn Rev are the result of wrong or missing documentation. Don't get me wrong, I really like the built in Doc. It is just that even I can read through it and find error after error. It seems like it would be so easy for an informed Rev programmer at RunRev to step through and fix up the doc in a matter of a week or two. It takes ten times as much work to make BZ reports about the errors than it does to just fix them. I bet a Wiki style doc file that the users could input to and that could be downloaded to the IDE if desired could cure the problem. It would probably greatly expand the "How Do I" and simple examples also. It seems like lots of people have tried to improve on the docs in various places on the web, but I don't want to go searching through ten sites and discussion lists to find a bit of info that should be part of the built-in docs.

Stupid Doc errors AND small bugs in the IDE that are ignored (because GOOD programmers can find an undocumented workaround) make a bad impression about the quality of Revolution. It is even more damaging to DreamCard which is aimed at a less sophisticated users. As users we can't do much about the programming problems, except complain. However, if RunRev would empower us, we could do great stuff about the docs. Just from being on this list for a few weeks, I can see the quality of the user community and know that it could work -- especially if it were sponsored and monitored by RunRev.

Go ahead, make my day... tell me it is already in the works  ;-)

Dennis