I need to implement a bug-tracking system for a couple clients.
Requirements include:

- MySQL backend

- simple interface (so Bugzilla's out of the running)

- simple installation

- should have the ability to merge reports (as for handling
  duplicates without losing info; another non-Bugzilla)

- Web-based, and should be interfaceable with Rev
  (though I don't know of any Web solution that can't be)

Can any of you recommend a system you've worked with along those lines?

FOGBugz by the Joel on Software guy. I'm sure you know the site. One of my clients uses it and it's quite a neat little app. The only issue is it's pay-per-seat which could get annoying. I believe it has a CGI for adding bug reports from apps that allows you to avoid duplicate entries.

Not sure about the MySQL backend but probably ???

Cheers

Monte