On 19 May 2005, at 11:40, Alex Tweedly wrote:

Dave Cragg wrote:

This, combined with the slight but consistent speed advantage of the first method when referring to fields, makes me think we need some re- confirmation of the notion that the "limit expression" in a repeat loop is only evaluated once.

It is stated that way in the docs;  under repeat / with ...

Please ignore all my previous comments on this topic. I just now paid attention to the test script. The "limit expression" is in an inner repeat loop which is within a loop that repeats 1000 times. So naturally, the expression is evaluated 1000 times. In the other method it is calculated before both loops.

Time for more coffee.

Cheers
Dave